Jesteś tutajStrona główna ›
The Wrocław Cycling Initiative (Wrocławska Inicjatywa Rowerowa) is a grassroots, nonproﬁt cyclists’ advocacy group. It was established in 2006 by the most active members of Wroclaw Cycling Coalition – former alliance of eco and bike ngo’s, constituted in 2001.
Our activity mainly focuses on
- Promotion of bicycle culture and supporting cycling;
- Education and know-how transfer;
- Participation in decision-making process, monitoring city transport policy and public money spendings.
Our selected achievements
- Active participation in process of consulting cycling infrastructure projects
- As a member of Polish Cities for Bicycles network, we succeeded in changing the Traﬃc Code in 2011. We also triggered establishing of All Party Cycling Group of Poland’s Parliament
- As a result of our lobbing eﬀorts in 2010 a Wrocław’s Bicycle Policy has been adopted. It sets targets similar to the Charter of Brussels: 10% of bicycle share in 2015 and 15% in 2020
- Creating a post of the Cycling Oﬃcer at the Wrocław Municipality in 2007
- In 2005 we (as a Coalition) succeeded in introducing by Wrocław Municipality a Cycle Routes Master Plan and a local Design and Implementation Standards for Bicycle Routes - this document was developed with reference to the Dutch „Sign up for bike” manual
- Steadily growing bicycle traﬃc in Wrocław (3,5% in 2011)
- For over six years we’ve been running an independent, local website for cyclists as well as Facebook proﬁle: www.rowerowy.wroclaw.pl
- We are a member of Polish Cities for Cyclists network: www.miastadlarowerow.pl
Stowarzyszenie Wrocławska Inicjatywa Rowerowa
ul. św. Wincentego 25A, 50-252 Wrocław
(Ekocentrum Wrocław premises)
www.wir.eko.org.pl (oﬃcal website)
www.rowerowy.wroclaw.pl (info portal)
We are located at EKOCENTRUM (51.122304,17.03384):
50 2490 0005 0000 4530 3872 1776
Key words: workshops for road engineers, conferences, seminars and debates, education programs for schools, study visits, direct and street actions, media campaigns, bike routes, advocacy and other activities aimed at improving the conditions for cycling.